Ready or not, here comes the first podcast episode of 2015!
In this episode I’m lucky enough to chat with co-founder of the Declare Conference, Eryn Hall.
If you’re wondering what’s going on at this year’s conference, why the smaller size, and new location, then tune it and get your answers.
Listen as Eryn shares her heart for going back to the roots of the original conference, Mamas Write.
She believes (and I agree) by going smaller we have the ability to go deeper, spiritually and relationally. Together we’ll discover the beautiful deep.
What we chat about:
- The Declare Conference’s start as Mamas Write.
- Why Eryn may be doing an (overdue) cartwheel opening night this year.
- The transition from a 20 person conference at a church to an LLC & hotel event.
- Why you saw us crying (a lot) at the 2013 Declare Conference
- How God spoke about “wild obedience” and the calling for 2015’s theme
- Why the pull to go smaller and deeper
- What we love about the new facility–the Cooper Center
- How the schedule is a bit different
- The opportunity for learning labs on Thursday before conference
- Why there won’t be breakout sessions this year
- What’s new with the meals
- How we are handling sponsors
- The chance to get to know speakers well
- Why pallets matter to us (& you may have seen Eryn throw one in the back of her car)
Connect with Eryn:
Pray also for me,that whenever I speak, words may be given me so that I will fearlessly make known the mystery of the gospel, for which I am an ambassador in chains. Pray that I may declare it fearlessly, as I should. Ephesians 6:19-20
How to Listen to the Declare Conference Podcast:
1. Listen on the blog. Go to DeclareConference.com and click the play button at the beginning of this post (on your computer. . .doesn’t work on smartphones).
2. Listen on your smartphone, iPad or iPod Touch – There are a lot of great podcasting apps. Apple has a free one in the app store, there is also one called Downcast. It allows you to search for shows, subscribe to them and even speed up the audio.
3. Subscribe to the Podcast – access the podcast in iTunes (click here). You can also search for it on your smartphone app (like the ones listed above) and subscribe.