Our Declare community wants to know God and make Him known.
We make Him known in a variety of ways.
Through how we live our lives. Through typing out a message. Or through the spoken word.
What if you feel called to do the latter. . .to speak?
What steps should you take to pursue that calling?
Well, you’re in luck because the fabulous Chrystal Evans Hurst is sharing some tips and encouragement on how to begin speaking publicly.
You also get a couple bonus pep talks. One about trusting God to bring the right opportunities. And another about living out your story instead of coveting someone else’s end product.
Chrystal is a wise woman with loads of experience and insight. Couldn’t be more excited to have her keynoting this year.
(And she also hosts her own podcast. . .make sure you check it out here).
What we chat about:
- What Chrystal may be scheduling at the Cooper Clinic after the conference
- How God gave Chrystal the push into speaking and writing
- Chrystal’s advice for those who want to start speaking publicly
- The benefits of living out your own story instead of pursuing someone else’s
- Being content with our voice and our current opportunities, not letting other’s product distract us from our process.
- How God brings opportunities, we don’t need to orchestrate them
- Is the She Speaks Conference for you
- How to bloom & grow where you are
Connect with Chrystal:
- Priscilla Shirer
- SCORRE conference
- “Bird by Bird” by Anne Lamont
- Toastmaster’s group
- She Speaks Conference
- “The War Room” movie
How to Listen to the Declare Conference Podcast:
1. Listen on the blog. Go to DeclareConference.com and click the play button at the beginning of this post (on your computer. . .doesn’t work on smartphones).
2. Listen on your smartphone, iPad or iPod Touch – There are a lot of great podcasting apps. Apple has a free one in the app store, there is also one called Downcast. It allows you to search for shows, subscribe to them and even speed up the audio.
3. Subscribe to the Podcast – access the podcast in iTunes (click here). You can also search for it on your smartphone app (like the ones listed above) and subscribe.