We all have our ‘thing’.
Something that so fits our giftedness & strengths it doesn’t feel like ‘work’.
When you are trying to decide where to focus, given all these online opportunities, it helps to remember what you love most. Your ‘thing’.
For today’s guest, Kristen Kill, after blogging shifted away from family sharing. . .she went back to her editing and writing roots.
Now Kristen edits for a couple of contributor sites. She also found a way to combine her passion for motherhood & her joy in sharing great stuff. While living in NYC she (& her kiddos) help promote marketing campaigns from major brands & events. Pretty awesome!
Kristen will be leading a main session at the Declare conference. She is also co-hosting a lab with Emily Thomas on Blog to Small Business and Monetization.
REMEMBER DON’T MISS YOUR CHANCE TO GET A LAB TICKET!!! (click here for more info).
(I’m serious. I don’t want to get all-the-emails about how you missed the chance to get a lab ticket!!)
What we chat about:
- Kristen’s adjustment to life in Mahattan
- Moving from print to online writing
- The shift from family blogging to curated content sites
- What attracts us extroverts to Instagram & microblogging
- Kristen’s work in editing contributor blogs and corporate blogging
- How Kristen was asked to be the editor for a contributor blog
- What introduced Kristen to blogging for corporations (which are fun for her family too)
- What Kristen will share in the Small Business & Monetization Lab at Declare
Connect with Kristen:
- Attack Poverty
- The Better Mom
- For the Family
- Sally Clarkson
- Psalm 92
- Ruth Schwenk
- Maisie Dobbs Mysteries–Jacqueline Winspear
- All the Light We Cannot See–Anthony Doerr
How to Listen to the Declare Conference Podcast:
1. Listen on the blog. Go to DeclareConference.com and click the play button at the beginning of this post (on your computer. . .doesn’t work on smartphones).
2. Listen on your smartphone, iPad or iPod Touch – There are a lot of great podcasting apps. Apple has a free one in the app store, there is also one called Downcast. It allows you to search for shows, subscribe to them and even speed up the audio.
3. Subscribe to the Podcast – access the podcast in iTunes (click here). You can also search for it on your smartphone app (like the ones listed above) and subscribe.