Blythe Daniel is a literary agent and marketing consultant and has experience with author acquisitions, marketing, and publicity campaigns. In addition to placing clients with publishers as an agent, she has had clients on the Today Show, Fox News, Good Morning America, The 700 Club, The Chicago Tribune, The Washington Post, Small Business Trends, and others. Blythe was the publicity director for seven years and then marketing director for Thomas Nelson Publishers. Previously she worked as a publicist, news reporter, and host at a radio station in Nashville while writing for magazines and newspapers. She was the product development manager for New York Times bestselling authors John and Stasi Eldredge.
Blythe started her agency in 2005 working with authors on publicity campaigns and literary agent representation. She continues to work with clients in both capacities.
Her clients come from ministries like Focus on the Family, Proverbs 31 Ministries, Cru (formerly Campus Crusade for Christ), North Point Ministries; media outlets like the Houston Chronicle, Disney, Huffington Post; business organizations like Dollar General and JP Morgan Chase; and journalists, pastors and ministry leaders, women and mom bloggers, and more.
What we chat about:
- The value in joining a blogging network
- Remembering there is always something to learn and someone to learn from
- 4 question to narrow your possible book topic
- What agents and publishers are looking for in a blogger
Where to find Blythe:
How to Listen to the Declare Conference Podcast:
1. Listen on the blog. Go to DeclareConference.com and click the play button at the beginning of this post (on your computer. . .doesn’t work on smartphones).
2. Listen on your smartphone, iPad or iPod Touch – There are a lot of great podcasting apps. Apple has a free one in the app store, there is also one called Downcast. It allows you to search for shows, subscribe to them and even speed up the audio.
3. Subscribe to the Podcast – access the podcast in iTunes (click here). You can also search for it on your smartphone app (like the ones listed above) and subscribe.