Sara is a wife to Nate and a mother of six whose arms stretched wide across the expanse between the United States and Africa. After almost a decade of Christian life, she was introduced to pain and perplexity and, ultimately, intimacy with Jesus. God met her and moved her when life stopped working for her. And out of the overflow of this perplexity, came her writing, both on her blog and in her books – Every Bitter Thing Is Sweet, released October 2014 via Zondervan & Unseen: The Gift of Being Hidden in a World that Loves to be Noticed, releasing via Zondervan in August 2017.
WHAT WE CHAT ABOUT:
- Writing out of pain.
- Why she wrote her book at 2 AM.
- The pressure of writing the second book.
- Navigating the traffic of your mind and heart.
- How social media is shaping the discourse.
- Finding God in our creating.
- Your goal is faithfulness and obedience.
- Instagram: http://instagram.com/everybitterthingissweet
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/everybitterthingissweet/
How to Listen to the Declare Conference Podcast:
- Listen on the blog.Go to DeclareConference.com and click the play button at the beginning of this post (on your computer. . .does not work on smartphones).
- Listen on your smartphone, iPad or iPod Touch– There are a lot of great podcasting apps. Apple has a free one in the app store, there is also one called Downcast.It allows you to search for shows, subscribe to them and even speed up the audio.
- Subscribe to the Podcast– access the podcast in iTunes (click here). You can also search for it on your smartphone app (like the ones listed above) and subscribe.
- Leave a Review – Help us grow our audience by leaving a great review! Thank you!