What would you do if your country had been in civil war for 25 years?
If you were left in the aftermaths of a war-torn country with a tarp and a bag of wheat, how would you survive? What skills do you have? What goods could you sell in order to feed your family?
Where would you get the money to start your business?
In the South Sudan, over 1600 individuals have found hope in the form of micro-finance loans from Seed Effect, a Declare Conference sponsor. A $150 loan can change the game for a mom in South Sudan.
Today I’m chatting with Missy Williams, co-founder of Seed Effect. She shares the ways they are working with the South Sudan community to rebuild and revive.
As writers, bloggers, internet-ers we have the privilege of using our online spaces to spread the word about what God is doing around the world. Seed Effect would love to partner with individuals from the Declare community. They would be honored to have you share the stories of loan recipients on your blogs or social media outlets.
If you want to work with Seed Effect and be a voice, then email Missy@SeedEffect.org to discuss opportunities.
What we chat about:
- What is microfinance
- What kind of accountability and training do they give loan recipients
- Why are they in South Sudan
- Why are 70% of loan recipients women
- What can you do to support Seed Effect
- How can bloggers get involved declaring the stories and work of Seed Effect
Connect with Seed Effect:
How to Listen to the Declare Conference Podcast:
1. Listen on the blog. Go to DeclareConference.com and click the play button at the beginning of this post (on your computer. . .doesn’t work on smartphones).
2. Listen on your smartphone, iPad or iPod Touch – There are a lot of great podcasting apps. Apple has a free one in the app store, there is also one called Downcast. It allows you to search for shows, subscribe to them and even speed up the audio.
3. Subscribe to the Podcast – access the podcast in iTunes (click here). You can also search for it on your smartphone app (like the ones listed above) and subscribe.