Jessica Kirkland joined The Blythe Daniel Agency, Inc. as Marketing and Literary Agent in 2012. She acquires both fiction and non-fiction and has a strong command for helping authors with book development. Jessica thinks outside the box as a marketer, and her experience as a business owner has helped her to coach authors to brand themselves more effectively.
When Jessica isn’t helping authors write their books, she writes on her own website http://www.
What we chat about:
- her bi-annual phone call blitz
- what exactly an agent does for a writer
- what to do when you see an agent (i.e. her) at a conference
- what to do if your book proposal initially gets rejected
Where to find Jessica:
How to Listen to the Declare Conference Podcast:
1. Listen on the blog. Go to DeclareConference.com and click the play button at the beginning of this post (on your computer. . .doesn’t work on smartphones).
2. Listen on your smartphone, iPad or iPod Touch – There are a lot of great podcasting apps. Apple has a free one in the app store, there is also one called Downcast. It allows you to search for shows, subscribe to them and even speed up the audio.
3. Subscribe to the Podcast – access the podcast in iTunes (click here). You can also search for it on your smartphone app (like the ones listed above) and subscribe.