What happens when a blogger discovers she was made to share what she loves?
She becomes an affiliate marketer. That’s what!
In today’s podcast episode, listen to Declare Conference Speaker, Erin Mohring‘s story of becoming an affiliate marketer.
She’s been blogging for 6 years and her knowledge base is super helpful for any attendees looking to use their blog to help support their family. Or even to fund a ministry of some kind (adoption/mission trip/child sponsorship program).
She also shares great tips about being sponsored to attend a conference (that means all-expenses paid. aka, “free”) and how to promote that company (creatively & appropriately) during the conference.
What we chat about:
- How Erin loves to share what she loves with others.
- Her boldness in connecting with companies to promote them.
- How she used an affiliate connection to go to a conference for free.
- Creative ways to promote a company during the conference, knowing a conference’s sponsorship guidelines, & honoring the conference’s sponsors.
- How Erin learned her strengths (strength finder) and it helped define how she moved from ads to affiliate marketing.
- How affiliate marketing works and which company she started with.
- How to notify your readers that you are affiliate and why.
- How an online connection led to starting a contributor site for boy moms
- Lastly. . .a disclaimer about hearing Erin’s voice in the Marriott hotel hallways from the ballroom. 😉
Connect with Erin:
- Seeds Family Worship
- Declare Conference Sponsorship Guidelines
- Strengths Finder 2.0 by Tom Rath
- The MOB Society with Brooke McGlothlin (Facebook Community)
How to Listen to the Declare Conference Podcast:
1. Listen on the blog. Go to DeclareConference.com and click the play button at the beginning of this post (on your computer. . .doesn’t work on smartphones).
2. Listen on your smartphone, iPad or iPod Touch – There are a lot of great podcasting apps. Apple has a free one in the app store, there is also one called Downcast. It allows you to search for shows, subscribe to them and even speed up the audio.
3. Subscribe to the Podcast – access the podcast in iTunes (click here). You can also search for it on your smartphone app (like the ones listed above) and subscribe.