Melanie Dale is a minivan mama and total weirdo who stinks at small talk. Her laugh is a combination honk-snort, and it’s so bad that people have moved away from her in the movie theater. She adores sci-fi and superheroes and is terrified of Pinterest. Author of Women Are Scary: The Totally Awkward Adventure of Finding Mom Friends and It’s Not Fair: Learning to Love the Life You Didn’t Choose, she’s also a contributor for Coffee+Crumbs and a panelist for MomsEveryday TV. Living in the Atlanta area, she enjoys working for Children’s HopeChest, recording her podcast, Lighten Up with Melanie Dale, and blogging at Unexpected.org.
WHAT WE CHAT ABOUT:
- Laughter as a coping strategy
- Giving grace to grieve a dream
- Infertility & adoption
- Her book writing process
- Being a light in your community
- And so much more!
How to Listen to the Declare Conference Podcast:
- Listen on the blog.Go to DeclareConference.comand click the play button at the beginning of this post (on your computer. . .doesn’t work on smartphones).
- Listen on your smartphone, iPad or iPod Touch– There are a lot of great podcasting apps. Apple has a free one in the app store, there is also one called Downcast.It allows you to search for shows, subscribe to them and even speed up the audio.
- Subscribe to the Podcast– access the podcast in iTunes (click here). You can also search for it on your smartphone app (like the ones listed above) and subscribe.